Top 5 2015

For the last few years I have been following along with Gillian's Top 5 round up at the end of the year. This year I wasn't sure I'd do it, which is why I'm a bit late. I'm wrapping it all up into one post - better late than never. You can see my other year wrap ups here: 2014, 2013 and 2012.
Top 5 of 2015
The HITS
I feel like I had a good number of #woohoomakes in no particular order except the first one(!).

Coming in first place this year is a no brainer. I love this vest and am just so proud that I was able to bring a vision to life.

The style, the fabric, the colour, the pockets. The combination was a complete winner for me.
3. Jumpsuits and a pair of flamingo pants
This year I made two jumpsuits, a chambray and a liberty and I love them both.  The liberty one obviously gets less wear but both have firm places in my wardrobe. 
I'm sneaking in my flamingo pants here as they have been a surprising winner in the high wearability stakes and they were made from the pants pattern of the jumpsuit....

4. Peplums
Oh the love for peplums continues unabated this year. The peplum top from Clean and Simple was made up twice, here and here, both with fabric from our trip to France at the beginning of the year. 

5. La Brune
Perhaps we are always biased and our last make is always our favourite but this pattern and this fabric to me, are so brilliant together.
The MISSES
I suppose not that many really in the scheme of things. 

I managed to gift away a couple of items that I loved and were really proud of but that just didn't seem me including my Rosaria Skirt  (though I do plan to make another of these) and my Dolores top

Despite not loving it, I have worn this dress to work on really hot days and during the holidays it has become my 'going to the pool' dress, so it has worked out. 

I don't love these test pants on me and am thinking of recycling the fabric.. it's something about the front of them on me...

I used some bad quality fabric this year at times some was cheap and others which weren't cheap but were bad quality. URrrgh. I'm sure in past years I've reflected on bad fabric choices, so I'll try not to do that again next year!
I had a couple of UFO's sitting in the pile for MONTHS! One pair of culottes was started in April !! This is unheard of for me, so I finished them off yesterday (they needed the button and the hem only!!) The second is another of the raglan dress which I don't like so much on me and is in fabric in the above photo which is cool.... but I'm not that sure is me ... but it only needs hemming now so I just have to get on with it and I can always gift it. 

The HIGHLIGHTS
All the social aspects of course. CBR Frocktails, CBR Sewing Crew monthly sewing sessions, and meeting up with Christine in Strasbourg and Inna, Jo, Julie, Lisa and Ninie and Barbara in Paris were absolute highlights. 
Oh and getting a new room to sew in due to the renovations will definitely be a highlight for 2016..

Happy new year everyone. xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment