FINISHED! Viyella Peplum

A quick post today to showcase a little top I made out of some gorgeous gifted fabric.
Earlier this year, Jen generously gifted me this lovely piece of Viyella fabric. It has a lovely almost flannel hand, with a strong diagonal weave.  The photo above is the real colour of the fabric, sadly the other photos have the fabric looking a bit washed out. 
It was a tiny piece of fabric only about 1m by 90cm. Just enough to make a little sleeveless top. I would have just had enough for small sleeves but I stupidly tapered them in which meant that if I'd attached them I wouldn't have got my arms in.. so sleeveless it was.  
The style of top will come as no surprise. A little peplum. It is a hack of the kanerva with a gathered peplum. I can't help myself. I love a little gathered peplum and they just feel me.  This one is a bit shorter than my usual ones but I like it and have plans to pair it with my denim pants for the spring. 
I'm not much of a sleeveless girl, so this top is perfectly paired with a cardigan and I have surprised myself by how often I reach for this outfit.
Thanks again Jen for so generously gifting me this beautiful fabric x

No comments:

Post a Comment